With PROPECIA*, 9 out of 10 men had visible results.
PROPECIA is the only once-a-day tablet approved by the FDA for the treatment of certain types of male pattern hair loss in men. PROPECIA reduces DHT, a key cause of hair loss.
IMPORTANT: Important Notice Regarding the PROPECIA® (finasteride) Rewards Program
Please be advised that the Propecia Rewards Program will close on 30 June 2013.
Merck Sharp & Dohme (New Zealand) Ltd (MSD) is advising all patients currently on the Program database of the closure of the Program. All patients already enrolled on the Program by 31 December 2012 will have until 30 June 2013 to make further purchases and redeem their free* pack of Propecia as per the terms and conditions of the Program. After this period, redemption will not be accepted.
Newly Enrolled Patients
Any new patient purchasing an existing packet containing an enrolment form and enrolling with the Program between 1 January 2013 and 30 June 2013 will be given 6 months from the date of enrolment to make further purchases and redeem their free pack of Propecia. After this period, redemption will not be accepted. Upon enrolment, the patients will be advised of the details of the requirements for redemption.
* A 5-year clinical study demonstrated the effectiveness of PROPECIA.
- 9 of 10 men who took PROPECIA had visible results—either regrowth of hair -(48% [134 of 279]) or no further hair loss (42% [117 of 279])—vs 25% [4 of 16] who took a placebo (sugar pill), according to an assessment of photographs by an independent panel of dermatologists.
- 2 of 3 men who took PROPECIA regrew hair, as measured by hair count. All of the men in the study who were not taking PROPECIA lost hair.
- A majority of men who took PROPECIA were rated as improved by doctors—77% (210 of 271) vs 15% (2 of 13) of men who took a placebo.
- A majority of men who took PROPECIA reported that their bald spot got smaller, their hair loss slowed down, and the appearance of their hair improved.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE USING PROPECIA (finasteride) 1mg tablet: PROPECIA is indicated for the treatment of men with male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia) to increase hair growth and prevent further hair loss. PROPECIA should not be taken by women and patients who have a hypersensitivity reaction. Precaution should be taken in regard to pregnant women handling PROPECIA tablets. A decrease of serum prostate-specific-antigen (PSA) may be seen upon testing. Common side effects are: decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, ejaculation disorder, decreased volume of ejaculate (each of these adverse effects occurred in less than two men in one hundred), testicular pain, breast tenderness/enlargement and hypersensitivity. PROPECIA is a private purchase prescription medicine that the patient will need to pay for. Price may vary across different pharmacies. Consult your doctor to see if PROPECIA is right for you, a normal doctor's visit fee will usually apply. Use only as directed and if symptoms continue or you have side effects, see your doctor, pharmacist or health professional. Marketed by: Registered Trademark of Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, NJ, USA. For detailed prescribing information, consult the data sheet or consumer medicine information on 0800 500 673 or refer to the Medsafe website . [MPI-PPC-2] MENS-1064675-0006 First issued January 2013.
*You must have a valid prescription. A dispensing fee may apply. Offer available at participating pharmacies and to New Zealand residents only.